Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Day Four on the DL

DL being the Disabled List, for those who don't follow baseball.

I put myself on the disc golf DL four days ago, after shoulder pain of unusual intensity and resonance, and haven't thrown a disc since (Well, that's not true. I threw two putts from 15 feet today to test the water, and didn't like the results). I feel forced to sheepishly admit that, having grown accustomed to throwing discs throughout the day, every day, I think I'm now going through withdrawals.

It's bad enough having to remind myself that I can't play every time the urge pops up. I also have to lay off putting at home, and I have a basket right between my house and office. Every time I walk between the two and see the basket, I realize it has been way longer than normal since I've thrown a disc.

No comments: