Saturday, May 16, 2009

Masters Cup 2009: after 56 holes

First of all, we're down to the last 28 holes. One more round, and so far no aspect of the tourney has been a disappointment. The weather continues to warm (if anything it's been too warm), with wind a non-factor today. The course - despite the gorgeous conditions - isn't giving up outrageously low scores (less than 20 percent of the Open division is under par). And the final round features a top group of Greg Barsby, Nate Doss, Nikko Locastro, and Ken Climo, all either -12 or -11. Within striking distance are Josh Anton, Kyle Crabtree, Stevie Rico, John Child, and Dave Feldberg.

I't be great to see Nate Finally win on the course where he grew up, but more than anything I'm looking forward to a close finish no matter who wins. Now on to what really matters. Me! : )
Show all
I'm at +6, tied for 8th in the Masters division (35 players), 12 strokes outta the lead.

I can play better, but with only three birdies and nine single bogeys I'm at least sticking to the gameplan and not giving strokes away. Not too many, anyway. What's hurt me more than anything else is not birdying the three shorts holes on the course (8a, 17, and 21) except for one on 21. But all in all, considering the game I've showed up with Friday and Today, +6 ain't too bad. I've hit every putt inside 30 feet except one, so now all I have to do is get a few of those looks for birdie rather than par! Now it's time for a hot tub, another beer, sleep . . . then 28 more holes.

No comments: