Wednesday, March 24, 2010

At around 10:30 AM yesterday, an orthopedic surgeon showed me, on my MRI, that the rotator cuff on my throwing arm is undeniably torn. He also showed me bone spurs and told me I won't be able to throw full power for at least a year after the surgery. Panic set in immediately.

At around 4:30 PM, I finished a defiant, or more honestly denial-fueled round at DeLaveaga. All things considered, shooting par with DeLa in the long felt pretty good . . . no, darned good. At least it soothed my dessicated disc golf ego. But man, it's hard to submit to an operation on my arm when I can still play decently, and pretty much without pain as long as I don't throw sidearm, over the top, at a hyzer angle anywhere close to 100 percent, or more than once a week or so. It might be better if I just couldn't throw period. Wait, forget I said that!

No comments: